Tuesday, February 23, 2010

So, how do you solve your sleep problems? Why, you buy a bigger, nicer bed! Oh, it's glorious! We also ordered the conversion kit to change Jace's crib into a bed...maybe he will find his way into it sometime in the near (relatively near?) future! In the meantime, the new bed has made a world of difference (although Jace still sleeps in my armpit, at least I'm not halfway off the bed).

A few new things...Jace has been telling Anthony and I no no now. Its kind of cute, he really only does it when we give him too many kisses or tickle him too much but he gets very serious and says Dada (or MaMa) NO NO!

We've had rainy weather since Saturday - we haven't really been able to go anywhere fun. That stinks, but I did a few projects. I finally found a fabric that I think will work to line the inside of Jace's skin. I also found this really super soft black fabric that has a skull and crossbones pattern, I was thinking about making a pillow...since that is the only thing I can sew well haha. But I'll probably make a little blanket out of that too. I also did a little more trim work in the bathroom...the painting project that will never end!! I am so very close to being done, I think I have another 90 minutes before I can say good riddance to that room! I'm looking for some bright red and blue frames so I can frame a few pages from the book but I think I'm just going to have to paint an existing frame since I can't find anything close. And last but not least, I created a little message center for us on the side of one of our cabinets:
Now if I only had some messages...haha


The bottom is the chalkboard paint I was talking about the other day. I think it could use one more coat but it dried really nicely so I think Jace will really like it. I bought him a few crayons and he seems to want to draw on everything. Note to self, crayons are to be used under direct supervision in a controlled environment only. They are relatively easy to clean off the tile though, not so easy to clean off the cabinets. I'm not sure if introducing chalk is going to be a disaster, but everything can be cleaned and fixed at some point right? They say that the toddler years are all about exploring so I'm going to let Jace explore his little heart out...as I follow along with a sponge/vacuum/broom :-) On the topic of cleaning, my little helper is right there to help me, no matter what I am doing. So far, he's pretty good at putting the clothes in the dryer and he likes to mop the floor with wipies. If you catch him in a really generous mood he will help to put away his toys too.

Can you guess what Jace is eating?


Walking in Daddy's shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment