Sunday, August 9, 2009

Little Things

I was really excited for Jace to crawl and now I realize that was kind of dumb of me. On one side, its so great to see him getting around and becoming more mobile on his own, BUT he is also getting into everything I don't want him to! Instead of crawling around from toy to toy he crawls around from one piece of furniture to another so he can stand up and try to open drawers and cabinets. Its fun and exciting, but its really scary too. Jace's favorite non baby things: The trash can in the office, the drawers in the coffee table, the end table, my laptop, Anthony's sunglasses, water bottles, cell phones, keyboards, and he seems incredibly interested in the speaker stands.

Other new things: Jace got his third tooth earlier this week. When the first two teeth were breaking through he was really fussy and I could tell he was in so much pain off and on for about two weeks. This time I didn't even know the tooth was coming so that was really exciting! He is still really drooly so I wonder if there are more on the way.

He pulls himself up to standing at every opportunity he gets. The problem is that he gets stuck standing because he doesn't know how to get back down. I think his only tactic so far is to let go and accept the horrible fate of crashing onto the ground. I would say that we catch him about 80% of the time....not so great but it always comes out of nowhere and I don't have the best reflexes in the world!

He learned to clap last weekend and its so cute! He claps every time he gets excited so he's been doing a whole lot of clapping!



This video is from last weekend when Omar and Jenny came to visit. Earlier in the day, Anthony had grabbed an empty water bottle and screamed while he crushed it (my husband is the hulk). Jace must have thought it was funny because a few hours later he was doing the same thing. You always hear people say to watch what you do and say around kids because they will mimic. I thought that was when they were older but I guess it starts pretty early. Here's a short video of my mini hulk trying to crush a water bottle :-)



Last but not least, I finally decided how I am going to decorate Jace's bathroom. Pottery barn kids has alot of really cute Dr Seuss bath stuff so I got the shower curtain and towels and I'm going to try to do the rest cheapy-style so I'll be scouring TJ Max, and Target for some good deals and then of course, heading to my favorite store, Micheals for some new tools!

Here is the shower curtain:

Dr. Seuss™ Grommet Shower Curtain

And here are the towels:
Dr. Seuss™ Bath Towels

And here is the other stuff I'm going to have to make myself because I can't spend $40 on a trash can and $30 on a tiny little rug:
Primary Countertop Accessories

Round Dot Bath Mat

I think I am going to paitn the bathroom white and then mimic the waves of the water on the shower curtain along the bottom and I still haven't figured out how to incorporate red paint. So yeah, I'm in way over my head but I LOVE a good project!

No comments:

Post a Comment