Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I scored!




Deal number 1: I’m not sure how this happens, but all of Jace’s clothes fit him when I put him to bed at night, and then he wakes up the next morning and NOTHING fits anymore. I realized on Monday morning that Jace’s jammie pants are starting to get too tight for his chubby little belly so Ant and I went shopping for Pj’s that afternoon. And guess what? All of the stores have winter jammies out…only winter jammies! Why in the world are all of the racks full of flannel pj’s?! Last time I checked it was 100 million degrees outside and it is going to be hot for at least another month. That’s until it turns warm. Flannel jammie time is not until January and it only lasts for about month! We went to about 5 different stores and I started to panic when Anthony suggested Sears. My general feelings towards Sears can be summed up as “blegh” but I was getting desperate so we went…and we scored! They had summer pj’s on clearance! We got 3 piece sets for $3.99 and ended up with 7 shirts, 5 shorts, and 3 pants for $22!


Deal number 2: Target had diapers on sale, and if you have target store coupons they let you use your target coupons in addition to manufacturer coupons (in the coupon world this is called stacking, haha). So Anyway, I had a ton of coupons that were expired, and that were not exactly for what I was buying but I figured it would be worth a try. I got 6 jumbo packs of diapers, 180 wipes, a large bottle of aveeno baby wash, and 2 towels for $48. Regular price for everything: $85. Yippee!


Deal number 3: I went to Kid to Kid, this used kids store in Awatukee yesterday and I got a little ride on car that can also be pushed (kind of like a shopping cart) if you change the settings. I also got him this treehouse slide thing, a see n say, and this weird electronic book that he seemed incredibly interested in for $32. The price of all this stuff brand new would have been about $85, yeah!


They are having this big costume unveiling in September for Halloween costumes but I don’t know if I can put Jace in a used costume. I have this weird phobia of used clothes (from strangers). But I have no problem with used toys. So I guess I’m going to have to splurge on a costume. They had a cute penguin costume at Carters and I saw a really cute Bear costume somewhere else too but Anthony thought he should only wear the bear if it had blood dripping down its mouth….hmmm. I also saw a really cute Peter pan costume. Sooo many choices, this is what I’m going to spend my 2 minutes of free time a day doing over the next month


Oh, and last but not least, Jace and I have been cruising in an Infiniti G37 for the last two days while my car gets a new timing chain. Take your time mechanics, take your time! We could get used to this!


Here are some pictures of the Baptism in case you missed it and some other ones from last week or the weeks before...sometime around there












And two of the pics are stuck at the top of the post and I don't have time to deal with getting them to the bottom, sorry :-)









































































No comments:

Post a Comment