Monday, July 13, 2009

Baptism


I had all these wonderful plans to do about a million great things for Jace when he was born and its taken me alot longer to get through the list than I thought it would! One of my tasks was to get Jace baptized...I know its a little late, but better late than never, right! I was telling Anthony in the car on the way home from mass that I'm worried Jace is going to freak out and start smacking the priest or pinching him or something. I'm praying that he will be in a calm mood that day. I'm really not that optimistic though, we seem to be seeing alot less of the sweet little angel and alot more of the wild hyena who shakes the handle of the shopping cart and yells at a giant plastic M & M display with a mouth full of cracker.

We talked with someone at the church yesterday and it looks like we will probably be able to do the baptism at the end of August. Anthony's sister, Jennifer and my brother, Omar will be the Godparents. When Jace was born Jennifer jumped right in and changed diapers, fed him and changed his clothes. She didn't even seem to be bothered when he would pee on her :-) I was really impressed to see how nurturing she was and how much she really cared for Jace. Over the last 8 or so years, I have seen what a smart, caring, and compassionate person she is and have come to think of her as a true friend and sister.

When I was pregnant, before we knew Jace was going to be a boy Omar would always say that he knew I was having a boy and that he knew he was going to be just like he was when he was little. Omar was totally wild and crazy when he was little ( and still is) but he was such a Mamma's boy too. Now I see Jace screaming and jumping around but crying when his Mama leaves the room and I can't help but see my brother. Omar has always been really caring and happy go lucky and I know he will teach Jace everything I don't want him to. Plus, he even changed a poopy diaper and who doesn't love a guy who will change a poopy diaper!

1 comment:

  1. The. Best. Quote. EVER!---"we seem to be seeing alot less of the sweet little angel and alot more of the wild hyena who shakes the handle of the shopping cart and yells at a giant plastic M & M display with a mouth full of cracker."

    ReplyDelete