Saturday, September 12, 2009

Funny things that aren’t really very funny at all...

Jace tried to eat a bug earlier in the week. A tiny dead bug, but still a bug. I had to wrestle him to the ground, pry open his mouth and chase it around in there while he swished it with his tongue. EW!! I ended up with a bloody finger and Jace rolled around laughing. Not so funny

Anthony and I just watched the movie Sunshine Cleaning and there was this kid in it who licked stuff. I remember thinking to myself, that kid is such a freak! Yesterday Jace stood by the arcadia doors and licked them all over - then swished the slobber around with his hand – then rubbed what was left with his face. Odd, but he thought it was funny and I did too until I saw how gross the glass is.

Bulk pickup was this week so we put out the crappy dishwasher that we replaced and also some old yucky pillows that I didn't even feel comfortable taking to goodwill. Anthony put everything on the curb on Monday afternoon. Jace and I went to the store on Tuesday afternoon and the dishwasher was gone. Not a huge surprise but the A-hole who stole our trash had the audacity to rip all the insulation off and leave it all over the yard. I was mad on Tuesday but now I find it comical. I got home from work on Wednesday and noticed that someone had stolen our pillows and the mattress pad. They have been in a giant plastic bag in the garage for MONTHS. Ew! I kind of feel violated.

We went to Target today and I had about 500 thousand coupons so as I'm scanning the lines I choose the 16 year old kid because I was sure he wouldn't even look at my coupons and notice the one that I had thrown in there that was expired. And guess what? That kid checked EVERY single coupon against every item that I bought! Anthony said that's what I get for profiling him off his gender and age, haha. He wouldn't let me use my expired coupon for 50 cents of bananas. But on a bright note, our total before my coupons was $46 and after it was $21. Sweet! Oh and when did I become such an old fart that I think a 16 year old is a kid?! Probably the same time I started clipping coupons, blogging on a Saturday night and reading the walgreens ad on Sunday mornings! :-)

I don't have any new pictures of Jace on this computer but I can report that he is standing alone really well. He does best when he is reading, he can flip through almost all of the pages of brown bear before he starts to fall. He has a Dr appt on Monday so I'll let everyone know how it goes afterwards. I'm curious to see how much taller he has gotten. I tried to measure him by myself the other day and I came up one inch shorter than his height at his six month appointment. Haha, this is why I am an accountant and not a carpenter.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, remember when you were a girl in like, Jr. High school? Back then, ever guy is a "possibility if only I could meet him." You know, like your fav rock star was probably in his 40's but was still hot & you were like 14 & thought that if he could only get to know you he would totally fall in love with you. Yeah, that's what I mean by every guy was a possibility. So I knew when I was old when one day I'm driving down the street & I see some dude walking along & I'm thinking that he has some pretty fine clothes, maybe he's cute too. Then I get close & he's a freakin' CHILD!! I was only maybe 21 @ the time but he was probably only 16! Ewwwwwww!! I felt all old & perverted &... OLD! Oh, & dude, the bugs, no biggie. My cats were always eating crickets & leaving the li'l cricket drumsticks behind. Those were the parts that my kids found (being so close to the floor & all) & ate. Hiromi once ate a french fry she found on the floor under the table @ a restaurant. Miyuki started drinking out of some other kids sippy-cup @ the playground. One of my girls even sampled kitty poo, didn't like it (thank goodness!) & proceeded to smear it off her fingers & onto the wall. Good times!

    ReplyDelete