Monday, November 16, 2009

Well, I got so excited about Halloween that I forgot to mention that Jace is walking now! He had been teasing us taking a couple of steps here or there for a couple of weeks but right before Halloween he started to get a little more daring and he's been flying solo for about a week and a half now! Every day he gets a little more sturdy and confident. By confident I mean faster! There was this magical period of time right around 5.5 months where Jace had learned to sit, but wasn't really mobile yet so he could be put in one place and would play without going anywhere. It only lasted a few weeks before he started to scoot around but I find myself thinking fondly of those days :-) You know how celebrities always say that they keep their figure by running around after their children all day? Well I used to think it was a load of bull but now I believe it. If I want any kind of break from running around the house I have to lock Jace in one of two rooms filled with his toys so he can't escape. And he has about a 30 minute time limit in jail before he tries to open the doors and break out. He's about 1/100th of an inch away from being able to reach the door handle if he stands on his tippie toes :-)

We went to the park today and Jace had a run in with a bad little boy that I almost punched in the face! Jace and another little boy were playing by some giant plastic flower and the bad boy jumped on the flower and kicked Jace's friend and slapped Jace in the face! He hit them both hard enough to knock them on their bottoms. He then proceeded to run over to the butterfly and pull a little girl off of it by her hair!! And what is the Mom doing? Oh, talking on her cell phone not even paying attention! Grrrrr! But Jace was a real trooper and he didn't even cry! Poor guy, I still feel so bad. But if nothing else, I was reminded that no matter how young or old you are, there are always bad apples in every crowd. I guess as you get older you get better at finding and avoiding them!

The video below is from October 28th...Jace's first documented steps! I'll post some more tomorrow but for whatever reason I can't ever upload more than one video at a time and this is the first one :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment